  From: Anne Robertson
  To: Mac OSX & iOS Accessibility
  Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2013 12:38 PM
  Subject: Re: Using a second language on the Mac

  Hello Hatch,

  If all you want to do is be able to read in French, you just need to download
one of the French voices that are available free with OS x. You have a choice
of Virginie, Audrey, Thomas and Sébastien. To get them, you open VoiceOver
Utility (VO-F8) and go to the Speech category. Select the Voices tab, then
navigate right as far as Voice, then down to the Default voice pop up button.
Press VO-Space and go down to Customize …
   and press Return. Type the word "French" into the search field then go right
to the table. You'll find the French voices at the top of the list. Interact
with the table and press VO-space on the voice you want to download. Click OK
and the voice will be downloaded.

  You can then select your French voice using VO-Cmd-Arrow keys whenever you
like.

  Cheers,

  Anne

  On 20 Jan 2013, at 12:13, H Erraji <alaltla...@googlemail.com> wrote:

  > Hi listers,
  >
  > Can anyone explain to me how to setup a second language in OSX.  I am using
Mountain Lyon on Macbook Pro and I'd like to be able to switch from English to
French when I am surfing French language webpages.
  > Thanks in advance.
  >
  > Hatch.

  > You can find an archive of all messages posted    to the Mac-Access forum
at either the list's own dedicated web archive:

  > As the Mac Access Dot Net administrators, we do our very best to ensure
that the Mac-Access E-Mal list remains malware, spyware, Trojan, virus and

visiting the list website at:

  Please remember to update your membership preferences periodically by
visiting the list website at: