Hi everyone,

As has been said already, Pages has the potential to be a fabulous app and for
plain writing it is. By "plain" writing, I mean where you don't need to add
footnotes, lists and the like. While you can add them, VoiceOver doesn't
recognise them as such and will not let you know that they are there.If for
instance you insert a bulleted list, the entire list will just be treated as
normal text. On the other hand, running headers are certainly possible and work
really well. They are a little fiddly to get set up though if memory serves.

I don't know if other users will agree with me, but I think the key to learning
Pages is learning that "the Inspector" (Command+Option+I) is your friend. It
allows you to have fine-grained control over the document. As i and others have
said though, the short-comings are with VoiceOver, not Pages.

As Lynne said, Nisus Writer Pro is your friend and is also an extremely good
product. We use both here. There are some accessibility issues with NWP, which
I can talk about if anyone is interested, but 99% of the app is fully
accessible with VoiceOver.

Take care
James