I purchased voicestream for my IPod last night  and it is so far doing a
good  job of reading an rtf book.
The app cost £6.99 and comes with Heather Acappella voice.
I downloaded Rachel as an additional Acappella voice for £1.49.

You can bookmark and select text.
The application remembers where you are in the book when last played.
The navigation controls are like a media player though, with rewind by 30
seconds and forward 30 seconds.
You can lock the screen and the book will continue reading which makes it
ideal if you want to shove your IPod in your pocket and carry on listening.

The blurb says you can read unprotected PDF doc files and Epub files as well
as text and RTF files.

So far it is the best eBook reading solution I have come across. Not sure it
would be suitable for study purposes but fine for reading general books.
The high quality Acappella voices does mean it approximates to an Audio book
experience.

There is a review on the apple Vis site which commends most aspects of
accessibility. I personally have not come across any major issues yet.
It apparently can interface directly with Project Gutenberg, Book Share and
drop Box but I have not explored any of this yet. I have simply emailed
books to myself and opened them from within the app there.

David Griffith

David Griffith