I am pleased to say that after upgrade to Mountain Lion the EyePal scanning
software continues to function.
I rmember that there was some concern that this would not be the case under
Mountain Lion.
There is a little setting up that needs to be done.

I did not  do a clean install of Mountain Lion which I suspect may have helped
me.

Basically I went to the X11 utility in the Utilities folder. It did not appear
to run but after I selected open from the context menu I got a message
inviting me to learn about awn open source version of X11 as Apple were no
longer developing it.
I followed the link and downloaded the open source version of X11.
After running the install package I Had to restart my  Mac.
When I then tried EyePal   it opened with the new version of X11.
Curiously the camera was now misbehaving and flickering. I went into settings
and changed the flicker rate from US to Europe. This seems to have solved the
problem for me thought it is odd that I did not have to do this under Lion.
It is early days but the EyePal is definitely  working and the initial
impression is that the app and scanner is now more responsive than under Lion.
A bit of good news for once.

David Griffith
David Griffith
d.griff...@btinternet.com