Hello Claude,

The StandScan Pro is a foldable box with interior lighting and one open side,
into which you put a document you want to OCR. There's a round hole in the
centre of the top over which you place the camera of your smart phone. This
ensures that the document is well lit and the iPhone can take a good clear
picture for OCR.

I use Prizmo for OCR as it does a very good job in several languages and is
quick.

The StandScan Pro is held together with embedded magnets and packs flat to
about 31 cm by 24 cm and perhaps 2 cm thick. It's made of a sort of glossy
cardboard and is not at all heavy to carry around.

Cheers,

Anne