Hello,
I use an iPhone 3GS running the latest IOS with VoiceOver.
Being paranoid about security I have a PIN code to protect my iPhone contents.
Is there any way (maybe an app?) which would enable someone who does not know
my PIN code to use my iPhone to call my home number or the emergency services
in case of accident or in case they found my iPhone on the train or in a cafe.

There is a button labeled "emergency calls" on the screen on which you enter
the PIN code after turning on the iPhone. What does this button do? I don't
want to try it in case it dials the emergency services (999 in the UK).

As a further complication I have screen curtain on on my iPhone to save battery
life. If the phone were to be found by a sighted person could they find the
emergency calls button? If not is there any way I could set screen curtain off
for the PIN entry screen and screen curtain on everywhere else?

I heard somewhere that there is an ICE (in case of emergency) facility in the
iPhone contacts app. Does anyone know what this does?

Many thanks for any tips.

Paul Hopewell