David,

Where can I get this Mounting app? That sounds totally cool! I can't tell you how annoying it is having to reach behind my system, pull the drive far enough out to break the connection, then push it back in just to remount the d*** thing. so, this would be fantastic!

Chris.

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Griffith" <d.griff...@btinternet.com>
To: "'Mac OSX & iOS Accessibility'" <mac-access@mac-access.net>
Sent: Saturday, May 11, 2013 6:11 AM
Subject: RE: OS 10 sounds

I am fairly certain that there is an announcement on Mountain Lion at least.
It says something like "system" whilst the drive is being mounted.

I do have an app called Mounting installed which allows you to reconnect
ejected drives, but I do not know if this makes a difference.

I have my desktop set up to show removable drives. What I do routinely is
insert a CD or USB drive  and start routinely searching for it using Vo
cursor commands. When I hear voiceover say system I know it has definitely
mounted either the USB drive or CD. Whilst the system dialogue is announced
you cannot, temporarily, access the desktop. When you are returned to the
desktop the drive will be there.
I am not sure if I would get the system announcement if I was not actually pressing keys. My daughter is on the Mac at the moment so I cannot test this
. I'll try later.
David Griffith