Hi Mary,

Anne's correct that you have the option of using "classic view" for mail to
organize your mail reading the way it works in Snow Leopard.  One thing you
might miss is the ability to just hold down the Option + Up or Down Arrow keys
for just a little while to move to the top or bottom of the message list.  That
went away in Lion. You have to go back to using the standard VO+Home or VO+End
shortcuts for navigating to the top or bottom of tables.

Cheers,

Esther