Hi Brenda,

Audiobus compatible apps are mainly designed for music and audio creation
programs.  One way to get around the sandboxing issue that does not let apps
share with other apps is to freely release a common software development kit
(SDK) that supports this kind of sharing.  If the app developers build this
into their apps, then the apps can be made intercompatible.  TextExpander first
introduced this idea in 2009, by releasing an iOS SDK for other devs to use,
that would let people who had the TextExpander app use the custom keyboard
shortcuts that they defined in that app in every other app they had that
incorporated the freely available TextExpander SDK.  As a result, almost every
major iOS notetaking app worth its salt now supports TextExpander. (Using the
TextExpander Touch app to customize your own keyboard shortcuts and type
accented words was a much bigger deal back then, when there was only the touch
screen and no external keyboards of any sort.)

For Audiobus, the idea from developers and users of music apps is that they
would like to be able to use the output products of apps that recorded or
synthesized audio as the inputs to other audio creation apps.  So, you could
create tracks in GarageBand and use them in another music creation app that had
its own synths, for example.  But so far, Audiobus compatible apps are mainly
designed for the creation of new audio products with iOS apps -- not for
streaming radio stations or Pandora.  So the apps that you use for listening to
podcasts or radio streams, or music like Pandora are not going to be compatible
with Audiobus.  That's why, in an earlier post, I suggested that you might find
it better to use the recording features of radio apps like TuneIn Radio or
Ootunes.  It is possible to get the recorded programs out of those apps with
third party programs on your Mac.  I think Courtney used "DiskAid" to transfer
the recordings to her Mac:
http://www.digidna.net/products/diskaid

It may also be possible to transfer such files with PhoneView, which was
discussed in an earlier thread about transferring voicemail, contacts, and text
messages from your iPhone.

HTH. Cheers,

Esther