Hi James - I've installed Chrome, but not played with it much yet, so will look more closely at the BBC using it. Thanks -

Andy
----- Original Message ----- From: "JAMES AUSTIN" <james.aus...@mac-access.net>
To: "Mac OSX & iOS Accessibility" <mac-access@mac-access.net>
Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2013 8:15 AM
Subject: Re: For those interested in listening to radio4extra on the Mac

Have you tried Google Chrome? It contains in-built Flash which should allow you to play both live and catch up programming.

TAke care
James
On 13 Jul 2013, at 20:18, ANDY COLLINS <a...@recreation.plus.com> wrote:

Hi all -

I've been finding it difficult to get a level of consistency in Safari on the

www.bbc.co.uk/4extra

website.

I've used a windows machine and a Mac to look at the home page of that site, to compare how JAWS and VO see the content.

Firstly, JAWS appears to see much more, but this is not about ease of use, but about finding how to listen with VO.

Vo does not see the Schedule link from either using the roter or the VO F [find command], what I had to do was find the 4Extra link from the list of links, and then below that was the program currently on air, and the next link, was just a number, but by clicking that, with VO space, a page came up that had the schedule link visible.

I have also tried following help Anne gave, by going to the 4Extra home page, searching for the programme I want to listen to, and then looking for the programme number to click to play, but again, this sometimes works, and other times there is no listen link, or I can't get to the page that says: "play in pop out player."

I've persevered with this, because it looks like it should work, if only I can find the way, but it is hit and miss, and doesn't always produce results. So far, I've not looked in to installed the Get Iplayer that has been discussed on here, as I feel that is more about scheduling programmes for download, where as I just want to go and grab the odd programme I'm interested in, but which I missed when it was first broadcast.

So, that is where I'm up to. Happy to hear if anybody has helpful thoughts? -

Andy

You can find an archive of all messages posted to the Mac-Access forum at either the list's own dedicated web archive:

As the Mac Access Dot Net administrators, we do our very best to ensure that the Mac-Access E-Mal list remains malware, spyware, Trojan, virus and worm-free. However, this should in no way replace your own security strategy. We assume neither liability nor responsibility should something unpredictable happen.

Please remember to update your membership preferences periodically by visiting the list website at: