Hello,

Well, it is an interesting one. Yes, if I had plunged straight in. It would
have worked. But as I like to start with the most simplest form then expand. I
crashed into this bug. I can't get the --file-format=WAVVE to work but m4af
does. That's interesting too. The inconsistency of the upper case and lower
case of the format options. I'll have to check to see if wave will work if I
enter it lower case. Usually man pages are accurate regarding such issues.

It all adds to the learning experience. So it looks like I'll be now exploring
how to write the file to a compact disk as an audio disk. To make it easy on
myself. I'll put all the documents in one file. Lucky for him, there's only
about 3 pages of text in total.

BTW: I understand that there is an Apple support document that expands error
codes. So I might spend a little time in seeking the meaning of error 10851.
It's beginning to should like it's a typical Unix problem of something not
being given the correct privileges  or permissions.

Thanks to everyone who contributed.

Gena

Please Note:
Please use email address below for all future correspondence:

g...@gena-j.me.uk

Georgina Joyce
Applied Psychologist
Training and Coaching.