Bryan - It's not every time, and until I had somebody look at the screen,
didn't know if the Mac was still sleeping or had awakened. Anyway, apparently,
it wakes ok when I open the lid, but sometimes VO is missing. I always turn off
the Mac at night, so seem to be following your idea of giving it chance to
clear out any flaky behaviour. Haven't yet had time to look at Sarah's
suggestions, but will do so shortly, and see if that makes any difference. I do
think however, that when I look to where she has directed me, I'll find VO
already set to start on boot up/awakening, as it works sometimes -

Andy