Hi Linda,

If your wired keyboard is the Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad, then the "Fn"
key is the top leftmost key in the six-pack of keys to the right of the delete
key.    Someone on another list described this as the location of the Insert
key on a Windows keyboard. You should be able to verify this by turning on
keyboard help mode (Control+Option+K) and pressing that key, which is to the
right of the "delete" key and under the "F13" key.  Press the "escape" key in
the top left corner of the keyboard to exit VoiceOver's Keyboard help mode.

I also use Mac laptops, but I used the "iKeyboard" app that lets me pair my
laptop to an iPhone or iPad, and use it as a Bluetooth keyboard for that
device.  Although I normally would just type on my keyboard, I can also
navigate through an extended keyboard GUI window to access additional keys, and
I checked the position of the "Fn" key this way.  (For those list members
familiar with the Type2Phone app that has a similar function, this is different
from the way that app Type2 just records your keystrokes when you type.)

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther