Yeah items in the cloud might be showing up. Do you have iTunes match on? that
might be why. I fyou remove dupes by showing them all I do is just hit cmd a
and they are all removed. I brought my itl file from 45 meg down to 38 where it
lays now.  There is a program you can buy from the app store that will manage
dupes bette  then iTunes. I have used a demo version on their site and it
rocks.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dupin-lite/id425268142?mt=12

there probably is a pro  version but not in the app store I'm afraid. but it's
well worth it.

Tc and be blessed.
On Jul 26, 2013, at 5:49 AM, ANDY COLLINS <a...@recreation.plus.com> wrote:

> Lynne -
>
> Don't know why you're getting duplicates unless you are downloading from the
> cloud and from your own physical music collection. I don't know if this can
> be an issue, as I don't use iCloud just now. However, there is an option in
> menus to show duplicates, so you can remove them, could be a bit tedious if
> you have thousands, but that's one way. As for adding to a playlist, I use
> what I still think of as the applications menu [VO shift M] and go to 'add to
> playlist' and then choose from the list of playlists, the one I want.
>
> HTH -
>
> Andy
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mrs. Lynnette Annabel Smith"
> <ly...@mac-access.net>