Hello Carol & Andy,

Numbers is a very powerful application. It depends upon what you wish to do
with it. I guess it would be useful if you stated what you would like to
achieve with it. I've just been using my 1 to 1 sessions on numbers. Did either
of you buy 1 to 1 training with your new Mac's?

If you open a new document. Numbers puts focus into the 1 table provided. You
can use the arrow keys to navigate and VO announces column and row coordinates.
In this respect I personally find it too verbose but knowing the VO utility.
Such verbosity can be controlled. Like pages, it has a very powerful pallet of
controls called an inspector. Achieved by option plus command plus (i). This is
a toggle i.e. hiding it and giving it focus. It reminds me of iTunes. When you
bring the inspector to the front. You have a series of radio buttons. So if you
wish to manipulate the rows or columns simply select the table radio button.
Then VO right arrow and explore the controls. When you have made your changes
just press option + cmd + i and you are returned to your document.

As I have an understanding of XL, other than the inspector. I don't feel
numbers is too different. A spread sheet is a spread sheet.

HTH

Gena

Please Note:
Please use email address below for all future correspondence:

g...@gena-j.me.uk

Georgina Joyce
Applied Psychologist
Training and Coaching.