Hello Don,

You open Mail Preferences by pressing Cmd-Comma. You then go to the first
visible item (VO-FN-Left arrow) and interact with the tool bar. In the Tool
bar, you press VO-Space to select the pane you want.

To set the delay for removing messages from the server, press VO-Space on
Accounts, select the appropriate account from the table, then select Advanced
where you'll find a check box Remove copy from server after retrieving a
message, followed by a pop up menu where you can select the delay. Since the
Preferences open in a new window, close the window with Cmd-w when you're done.

Cheers,

Anne