Dunno if this will help but here you go.

vmware fusion sound fix - MacVisionaries | Google Groups

hi
if anyone is experiencing a lag in sound when using vmware fusion, try this
this fix my sound delay when pressing keys
there are 2 methods
method1: plug a usb sound card in and connect it to vmware and windows
method 2:
follow these steps to use the macs sound card at the same time with vmware
this will decrease the delay between key presses and sound response
1. navigate to the .vmware file of your os that you installed with vmware
google where the files are stored on a mac if you can't find it
2. when on the .vmware file e.g win xp.vmware right click and show package
contents
3. find (os name) .vmx e.g win xp.vmx
right click, choose open with, and other...
next find the pop up menu that says recommended applications
and set that to all applications
then browse and open the file with text edit
then at the bottom insert the following line
pciSound.playBuffer = "14"

(note I set mine to 14 witch is the lowest value my mbp can handle before
choppy sound occurs)
you can try this and if not go up 3 numbers higher or so
then save the file
note make sure fusion is not running while editing the file