Hi Sarah!
The only thing I can think of for you to get such a slow reaction from Option+T
is because you might not have the [Allow voice over to be controlled by apple
scripts] checked in the general part of VO+f8
If you have this checked I do not know why it is slow for you!
When I hit Control+T the time is red out within 2 to 3 seconds!
Colin