Before anyone asks why I don't use Seeing Eye's GPS instead, keep in mind, I do! use it, actually quite regularly, but I just felt for a change like using Navigon today instead. No particular reason.

Anyway, today was the first time on my IPad that I launched Navigon. I've also noticed this however on my IPhone as well. It seems that in the latest update, when it first opens initially, you're taken to your map manager just like normal. What I however am seeing is that before, I could flick through all the different states, then all I had to do was double tap the name of the state to select it, then go to the very bottom center of the screen and double tap on accept changes. Then, all I had to do was double tap my clock in the status bar to jump back to the top of the screen, then I could flick down and monitor the download status. When done, I could just again, double tap near the bottom center of the screen on start app. Unfortunately, now on my IPad, and my IPhone, in this case however specifically the IPad, although again I'm seeing this in both places, I'm hearing the little chirp sound you get when a Safari web page finishes loading/refreshing. It only seems to do this as I flick through the states trying to find North Carolina. If I just sit still, I'm fine. I'm finding that when I hear that chirp and the map manager updates and refreshes, I completely lose focus. This happens literally almost 2 seconds after flicking from one area of the screen to another, causing me to have to deadwrecken over and over and over and over until, god willing, I'll hit North Carolina, then can hall major butt and double tap before anything happens. My timing has to be flawless, or it won't work anymore like it used to. I'm starting to feel that Navigon is becoming not worth it. I do wonder though one thing: I noticed that when the map manager did! first come up, once I got to North Carolina and double tapped, once I accepted changes, it told me it was downloading somewhere in the ballpark of about 200 something megs of map data. That sounds like a huge amount just for North Carolina. I mean, we're a decent size state, yeah, but come on! We're not no California, or Texas for crying out loud! So, my theory is, I wanted to ask you all, do you all suppose that what it's doing is downloading all of the maps from each state one by one? Even the ones I don't really need per sé? If that's what it's doing, then that definitely! would explain it losing focus and constantly updating every couple of seconds, plus would explain the reason it's saying over 200MB. Once that 200MB's done, it doesn't seem at that point to keep refreshing. This is why I really stand strong on my theory. I just wonder in this latest update, if anyone may know what is going on and can give me a concreet rock-solid answer.

Chris.