Hi!

Its "Melbourne Cup" Day here folks, means that just about everyone's on Holiday
just for a horse race, in other words its the most boring day of the year so
thought I'd do some testing and amuse myself by seeing just how robust airPlay
can be and if it would fall over as I added devices and streams.

So what do we have going here? Let's see if I can remember everything <smile>.

iTunes on the Mac is streaming to my older Airport Express which is connected
to the Yamaha RXV520 in the den, been streaming for 7 hours now and still going
strong.

iPhone 5 is streaming to the Denon AVR2113 in the lounge, has been streaming
for an hour and a quarter and still going strong.

Mac Mini is streaming iTunes to my Bose Soundlink Air portable speaker system,
has been streaming for 2 hours and still going strong though battery of the
Soundlink's likely to go flat at any time.

my iPad 4th Generation is streaming to my Second Generation Airport Express
which is in the bedroom, has been streaming for 2 hours and still going strong.

And last but not least, my iPod touch is streaming to my JBL onAir system on
top of the fridge in my kitchen, has been streaming for the last 9 hours and
still going.

Now all this to me seems quite impressive, II'm sure that other Wireless
routers may have a bit of trouble with all this data flowing this way and that,
certainly one of the routers I had not so long ago in the past wouldn't have
stood all this - not to mention me playing about on the Internet and sending
eMail from the iMac into the bargain -, I'm using an Asus RTN56U router and if
anyone wants specific details on that then move the message to techno-chat and
ask me there <smile>.

Dane Trethowan
Skype: grtdane12
Phone US (213) 438-9741