Hi Chris,

I'll post more details about suggested ways to use the Where To? app later, but
when you do a search by category and get a list of results, you can choose to
display these in either map view, which is the default, or list view.  Switch
to list mode by double tapping the "List" button that is directly above the
"Home" button at the bottom of the screen.  Your results will be listed sorted
by distance.

If you double tap on any of the selections so you are in the "Details" screen
for your selected POI, you can touch near the top right corner of the screen,
immediately below the announcement of the battery power on the status bar, and
the "Next venue" button for moving to the "Details" screen of the next result
in the list, and hear "Direction and Distance" to your POI.   If you leave
focus there, this will be live updated as you travel.  They added this feature
for VoiceOver users a little over two years ago, and it's fantastic.

If you want to send the address to a different navigation app, double tap the
"Navigate" button (second of five at the bottom of the screen).  The "Routing
Apps" screen will list all the navigation apps you have loaded that can accept
addresses from Where To? Flick through to the one you want (e.g. to Google
Maps, Navigon, TomTom, Apple's Maps, HopStop, etc.), then flick to its "Route"
button and double tap.  That app (e.g. Navigon) will start up with the address
information sent to it.

There's also a way to select addresses from your Contacts and send them to the
routing apps if you use the "Search" button on the main Where To? screen.
Flick to the "Bookmarks"button in the search field instead of typing text and
double tap.  That brings up your contacts, and you can navigate as usual
(including use of the table index at the right side of the screen).  That is
usually used to set a new search location (you can also type in the address
information, or the name of the business for a search of your selected
location). However, if after selecting/double tapping a contact you go to the
next screen, and instead of double tapping the "Back" button to go back to the
main screen for moving to the search categories, you move to the bottom right
corner's "Add" button (either by touching there or by using a four-finger tap
in the bottom half of the screen to move to the last element), and double tap,
you'll get the "Routing Apps" screen, and can send that address to the
navigation app of your choice.

Note that you have to be in map view mode, which is the default display mode
for results when you start from the search field on the main screen, for this
button to show up.

This is much easier than typing in addresses. Note that you can use the
"Settings" button in the top right corner of the main screen and flick down to
FAQ for more information on using this app.

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther