From: mac-access-boun...@mac-access.net
[mailto:mac-access-boun...@mac-access.net] On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2013 12:17 PM
To: mac access list iOS Accessibility
Subject: Re: Nicecast: I? am about? to, scream!

This is why I don't use shout cast on nice cast. I could never get it to
work, or it would say not connected but I would be transmitting   anyway. I
use ice cast instead, or did when I was broadcasting. It was and still is
unreliable. did you make sure the mount point was not filled in not that
itwoudl matter. but just in case? I would try reading the server and see if
that helps.

Good luck.
On Nov 24, 2013, at 8:25 AM, Christopher-Mark Gilland
<ch...@clgproductions.com> wrote:

> OK, so this was a real nice way to wake up and start my birthday.
Yayayay!
> No joke, yes, today's really my BD.  Anyway...  I bought a lifetime
license
> to WHMSonic which I've installed on a dedicated server running WHM/CPanel.
> I got that working perfectly.  Now however, I've tried to connect to one
of
> my streams using Nicecast.  I set the new server I added to Nicecast as
> Shoutcast, I made sure the address was correctly set on the broadcast
screen
> under info, I made sure everything under quality was set correctly, I made
> sure the password was in correctly, yes, I checked the radio button in the
> servers table to select the shoutcast server instead of the internal
server,
> yes, the port is opened on my firewall on the server running WHMSonic.
Yes,
> Auto-DJ works fine on the same port when configured in WHMSonic, yes, I
can
> connect to the server with the shoutcast dsp plugin in WinAmp on Windows.
> I'm totally at a loss!  It's 11:00!  I've been working on this damn thing
> since 8 this morning non-stop!  Frankly, I'm about ready to scream!  I
wrote
> whm sonic support, they tell me it's a problem with Nicecast, which I tend
> to believe by the way.  I write Nicecast support, they got back with me,
and
> told me it's an issue with WHM Sonic to contact them.  I'm getting thrown
> round about.  Why do we want to use WHM Sonic to start with, cause
> Centovacast is crap, in my opinion, to put it bluntly, plus, I can't
> entegrade regular shoutcast DNAS server into WHM/CPanel, so there went the
> idea of me hosting shoutcast servers if I want to down the road.  Icecast
1
> and 2 isn't helping either.  I found a place that offered free trial
servers
> of both, and Nicecast won't connect to them either.  All I get when I try
> connecting with any compatible player is Icy 401, service unavailable.
Yes
> before you ask, my source is set correctly, and yes I double checked.  If
> connect via local host to my own mac running Nicecast using Nicecast's own
> dedicated built in server, that works, but again, then we don't get all
the
> cool things offered by WHMSonic like auto DJ etc, so that won't work.
> Again, Auto DJ works fine, and if I enable that in WHMSonic, I can connect
> from ITunes, VLC, WinAmp on windows, whatever, and the stream comes up
> without any issues at all.
>
> I'm starting to wonder even though WHMSonic says it's based on the
Shoutcast
> DNAS server, if theyr'e lying.  It would surprise me, seeing that they're
> support has been anything but helpful from the very get go.  When I told
> them I may dispute the charge for my purchase, they literally said, go
> ahead, we can dispute it right back.  We dare you!  Those were there exact
> words virbadum!  Needless to say, I'm pissed!  I can't even find out
truely
> what server things backbone off of.  I know auto DJ let's you select if
you
> want the stream to be AAC, AAC+ or mp3.  I know the shoutcast DNAS server
> doesn't stream in AAC of any sort.  Only in mp3.  this is another reason
I'm
> being led to wonder if there is something else maybe it's actually back
> boning off, even though most shoucast clients like Nicecast in this case
> technically, should be able to connect.  This just makes no sense.  Even
if
> not Shoutcast through WHM Sonic, has anyone successfully gotten Nicecast
> connect to a shoutcast server?  I know this is somewhat unrelated to the
> Mac, but Im justifying my post in that I'm trying to get this working with
> Nicecast.  Frankly, if I get told this is off topic, and to post elseware,
> I'll be beyond irate, so much so, it may risk me leaving the list for
good.

> Anyway, thanks for your help.  And yes, I know, happy BD to me.  Thanks
for
> the present of the gift of successfully having me break things,
apparently.

> Chris.

> You can find an archive of all messages posted    to the Mac-Access forum
at either the list's own dedicated web archive:

> As the Mac Access Dot Net administrators, we do our very best to ensure
that the Mac-Access E-Mal list remains malware, spyware, Trojan, virus and
worm-free.  However, this should in no way replace your own security
strategy.  We assume neither liability nor responsibility should something
unpredictable happen.

visiting the list website at:

worm-free.  However, this should in no way replace your own security
strategy.  We assume neither liability nor responsibility should something
unpredictable happen.

Please remember to update your membership preferences periodically by
visiting the list website at: