There you go.  Let us know how you come along.

Chris.

-----Original Message-----
From: mac-access-boun...@mac-access.net
[mailto:mac-access-boun...@mac-access.net] On Behalf Of Dane Trethowan
Sent: Friday, November 29, 2013 7:57 PM
To: OS X & iOS Accessibility
Subject: Re: Is SuperDuper Worth The Bother?

Okay I'm running from the Superduper drive now and yes, I think the problem
was that the Macbook wasn't detecting it earlier on, the drive was detected
this time around when I held down the Option key at the sound of the
start-up chime and then I released it some 15 seconds later and pressed the
left arrow key and return so now time to restore the backup with Superduper.

On 30 Nov 2013, at 11:47 am, Christopher-Mark Gilland
<ch...@clgproductions.com> wrote:

> Well, there are two ways to do it.  If you already can boot into OSX on
your
> internal drive, go to system preferences, while the external drive is
> plugged in mind you, then go to startup disc, select it in the list, then
> apply and restart the system.  If on the other hand, you can't boot into
> OSX, then plug the drive in, and while turning on the system, hold down
the
> option key for a few seconds, release, then wait about maybe 15 seconds.
> You now should be at the startup disk menu.  Voiceover won't read this so
> don't attempt.  If, however you hit the tab key one time, then return, it
> should hopefully boot to the drive.  One thing I did find sometimes that
> happened was the drive wasn't getting detected after rebooting until OSX
> came up and mounted it, so if that seems to be the case for you, a way
> around it is to boot up the system with the drive not plugged in, then as
> soon as you hear the startup chime, immediately then plug in the drive to
> the USB port.
>
> Chris.

worm-free.  However, this should in no way replace your own security
strategy.  We assume neither liability nor responsibility should something
unpredictable happen.

visiting the list website at:

worm-free.  However, this should in no way replace your own security
strategy.  We assume neither liability nor responsibility should something
unpredictable happen.

Please remember to update your membership preferences periodically by
visiting the list website at: