Hello Gena,

You're correct that iDatabase is a flat database. If you need a relational
database, I know that a number of people are using Tap Forms, which has both
Mac and iOS apps that are accessible.  I'm not sure about the status under
Mavericks, but the developer has recently submitted a major update to the Mac
App Store. This may not be of use to you, since you already have iDatabase.
There are recent MacWorld reviews of both iDatabase and Tap Forms, if anyone
wants to read up more about these apps.

Cheers,

Esther