Hello James,

I agree with Anne that TextGrabber and Prizmo are the best OCR apps for the
iPhone,  TextGrabber is currently on sale for $1.99, reduced from $5.99. (The
price just dropped yesterday morning.)
• TextGrabber + Translator ($1.99, normally $5.99) by ABBYY
https://itunes.apple.com/app/textgrabber/id438475005
Here's a link to the June AccessWorld article that reviews both TextGrabber and
the StandScan Pro:
http://www.afb.org/afbpress/pub.asp?DocID=aw140603

If you need to order the StandScan Pro from its web site, there's a product
link for the device with the high-power battery and charger (that you want for
the brighter light that improves OCR results):
http://bit.ly/1kYNUll
I've shortened the link from the full address at the main site:
http://standscan.com/
I've used Zoom Reader (just with VoiceOver, not the low vision functions).  It
uses the ABBYY engine for OCR, so it does a reasonable job, but TextGrabber,
which is ABBYY's own app, is better.  It's possible there are low vision
enhancements to ZoomReader that make it worth the $19.99 list price, but
frankly TextGrabber is better irrespective of price.  For one thing, if you
import an image from the camera roll, ZoomReader won't correctly OCR if the
image is upside down or rotated by 90 degrees, although it will recognize the
rotated images if you use the camera directly.

Another tip, if you take a lot of images that you want to transfer back to your
computer, you can export to a downloading app as an intermediary to Dropbox and
get more content transferred than if you simply export to Dropbox directly.

Cheers,

Esther