The Roomie Remote App for IOS is nothing like the remote Apps I've ever seen
before.

If you're device is connected to your Wi-Fi network or has an Infra red remote
control receiver then chances are Roomie Remote can control it or use an Infra
Red adapter to do the work the Wi-Fi connection can't.

I've used Roomie Remote successfully thus far with my Denon AVR2113
Surround-Sound receiver which connects to my Network via a LAN connection.

I chose "Add Device" to Roomie Remote and the App picked up my Denon along with
the Apple TV I have in my system, more of that later on.

The basic edition of Roomie Remote is the one I'm using which allows you to
configure 1 room, say "Living Room" - the upgraded Home Theatre package allows
you to configure multiple rooms in your home for control -.

So now the "Living Room" has bee set its time to add devices which I did, you
can use a design along with your device by either creating one or downloading
and editing a design specific to your needs, in this case I used the Denon
Remote controller design which I'm yet to edit.

You can add as many devices as required for your room, you may like to say add
your Air Conditioner, Electric Reclining Chair, and so on, its all left to your
imagination.  For the sake of keeping things simple and straight forward I'm
going to concentrate on the Denon device I added.

So presented to me was the remote controller for the Denon which at first
glance didn't make all that much sense, just buttons all over the iPhone screen
without labels associated with them however when I pressed a button the screen
changed dramatically in 99% of cases presenting me with another screen
pertaining to what that button controlled thus I was able to label buttons and
use them affectively.

For example a button may open the controls relating to the subwoffer output,
another enables the user to select the input source whilst another allows the
user to adjust input levels, the controls here can be pretty advanced and even
I'm going to have to reference the AVR2113 owners manual for further
information on a lot of those.

Now to the final part of the Roomie Remote App which allows you to structure
"Activities" these are macros if you like which enable the App to send multiple
commands to multiple devices at the same time.

You could create an activity entitled "Watch TV" which would in tern turn on
your television, turn on the AV system and dem the lights, close the blinds etc.

Roomie Remote can control infra red only devices by the use of a Wi-Fi infra
red adapter, the adapter connects to your Network thus and has an Infra Red
transmitter/receiver at the other end thus Roomie Remote can send and receive
commands from other devices.

Dane Trethowan
Skype: grtdane12
Phone US (213) 438-9741