Hello everybody. I noticed that in the Voiceover Utility under General, there
is a checkbox which says “Allow Voiceover to Be Controlled with Apple Script.”
What exactly is this and does it have any advantage? I have left this box
unchecked both on my MBA and on my sister’s MBA, but will  we gain anything by
ticking it? I know about screen reader scripts to better enhance accessibility
in some programs, but I guess what I’m asking is what is the point of having a
setting for this? Not trying to be picky or anything. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed
getting acquainted with Voiceover. It is an awesome screen reader.

Jake