Hello All,

TextDetective, the iPhone OCR app, is currently free.  It usually lists for
$8.99.  A quick description of how this differs from apps like TextGrabber and
Prizmo is that it works for English only, and you have to hold the iPhone in
landscape mode, so you don't usually get an entire letter- or A4-sized page
OCRed in one shot.  However, it works in video mode (like Talking Goggles), so
it's relatively fast. Before the VoiceOver specific improvements to TextGrabber
and Prizmo, many blind users found it easier to use TextDetective to get
results in freehand use (without a supporting stand) than to train themselves
to use TextGrabber or Prizmo.  And you can use TextGrabber to read some text
off your computer monitor in a pinch.
• TextDetective by Blindsight (currently free for limited time, usually $8.99)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/textdetective/id541494875?mt=8

Note that this version runs under iOS 7.  If your iPhone is running an older
version of iOS, you can purchase the app under iTunes on your computer, and
then download the latest version of TextDetective that is compatible with the
version of iOS on your iPhone.

HTH.  Cheers,