Well Paul, glad I could be of some help.  It is far from ideal I agree but
at least until the BBC decides to make it more accessable at least you can
get Radio 4, I love Radio 4.

-----Original Message-----
From: mac-access-boun...@mac-access.net
[mailto:mac-access-boun...@mac-access.net] On Behalf Of Paul Hopewell
Sent: 23 April 2014 19:11
To: mac-access
Subject: Re: bbc iplayer radio app

Hello Eleanor,
Many thanks for the below. What you describe works OK for me. As you say it
is rather tricky and non-obvious but as a fellow Archers enthusiast it will
be worth the trouble!
Many thanks.

Paul Hopewell
On 23 Apr 2014, at 10:19, Eleanor Martha Burke
<eleanormarthabu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I continue to get to BBC radio four fired the iPlayer when I find Radio
and double tap and then get a message it has its own new app I then double
tap on that and the app opens it is unfortunate that the way the radio
channels are arranged there are near the bottom and are in the shape of an
upward arc our bridge radio four is way over to the right and the only way I
can access this is by pushing the screen search speak towards the left so
when you are on radio three if you do just a two finger movement towards the
left and that pushes that part of the screen over to the left I have to say
it's a bit fiddly and having a little revision does help however as a great
archers lover it's worth the bother

> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 23 Apr 2014, at 10:14, Paul Hopewell <hopew...@hopewell.org.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>> Have any of you had success with the new bbc iplayer radio app for IOS
devices? I used to use the standard bbc iplayer app which supported both
radio and TV and that worked fine with VoiceOver. However when I tried that
a couple of days ago to access a radio 4 show it told me that radio is now
accessed via the new bbc iplayer radio app, and is no longer supported by
the standard bbc iplayer app.

>> SO I installed the bbc iplayer radio app on my iPhone 3GS running the
latest IOS 6 but could not work out how to access radio 4. The app displayed
several buttons for different radio stations, which did not include radio 4,
plus a message to scroll for more stations. I tried all the gestures to do
the scroll I could think of but none of them worked.

>> Many thanks for any tips. For me the new app is much worse than the old
app!

>> Best regards....
>>
>> Paul Hopewell

>> You can find an archive of all messages posted    to the Mac-Access forum
at either the list's own dedicated web archive:

>> As the Mac Access Dot Net administrators, we do our very best to ensure
that the Mac-Access E-Mal list remains malware, spyware, Trojan, virus and
worm-free.  However, this should in no way replace your own security
strategy.  We assume neither liability nor responsibility should something
unpredictable happen.

visiting the list website at:

> You can find an archive of all messages posted    to the Mac-Access forum
at either the list's own dedicated web archive:

> As the Mac Access Dot Net administrators, we do our very best to ensure
that the Mac-Access E-Mal list remains malware, spyware, Trojan, virus and
worm-free.  However, this should in no way replace your own security
strategy.  We assume neither liability nor responsibility should something
unpredictable happen.

visiting the list website at:

worm-free.  However, this should in no way replace your own security
strategy.  We assume neither liability nor responsibility should something
unpredictable happen.

Please remember to update your membership preferences periodically by
visiting the list website at: