Your greatest friend for some time will be the VoiceOver help menu, accessed by
pressing Control-Option H. Keyboard help is similar  to keyboard help mode in
JAWS on the PC, and the Quick start guide at the bottom of the help menu is the
VoiceOver users manual. The users manual is an HTML system that you read in
Safari, so it’ll help you  get used to working in Safari just by reading the
excellent manual.
I strongly suggest you read it thoroughly, then read it again… and again… until
you feel like you know VoiceOver inside and out. It’s your screen reader, so it
makes sense to get to know all its features as soon as possible.

Good luck and happy reading.