Hi Paul,

When you are on the Albums tab of Photos on your iPhone, can you double tap the
edit button in the top right corner, then flick past the camera roll to the
album you want to delete and double tap to delete it?

I don't have albums on my device.  I created an album, under Photos on my
iPhone using the "add" button and then tried to delete it.  This seems to work.

HTH. Cheers,

Esther

On May 22, 2014, at 7:21 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

> I don't trust photos in itunes so I disabled that option a while back. Try
> swiping up on the album on the phone and see if you can delete them that way.
>  If not you will have to maybe do it thorugh iphoto or something. I'm not so
> sure as I use image capture to import all of my stuff.
> On May 22, 2014, at 10:08 AM, Paul Hopewell wrote:
>
>> Hi Sarah,
>> That works OK to delete photos from camera roll. However I have a couple of
>> other albums which were created by synching with iTunes. Neither the edit
>> button nor  the delete option are there for these photos. If I delete them
>> from the pictures folder on my iMac and then sync again will that delete
>> them from my iPhone? What do I do if I want to delete them from my iPhone
>> but leave them on my iMac?
>> Many thanks.
>>
>> Paul Hopewell
>> thankisdelte i5tunes.woukd
>> On 22 May 2014, at 17:40, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
>>
>>> 1. go to the photos app
>>> 2. go to albums tab
>>> 3. double tap select
>>> 4. select each photo you want to delete.