I already knew this but could not speak of it until now.  Wait when you are
prompted when you install ios8 in just a few hours.
http://www.macworld.com/article/2684105/don-t-pull-the-trigger-on-upgrading-to-icloud-drive-just-yet.html

Don’t pull the trigger on upgrading to iCloud Drive just yet

If you’re upgrading to iOS 8 on Wednesday, you must resist the urge to upgrade
to iCloud Drive if you want to continue to sync your phone to your Mac. Why?
Well, iCloud Drive only works with iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite. And you all know
which OS we’re still waiting on.

Until Yosemite drops, upgrading to iCloud Drive will keep you from syncing
devices running iOS 8 and devices running OS X Mavericks. Good news: After you
install iOS 8, Apple will ask you if you want to upgrade to iCloud Drive. Tap
the button that says “Not Now.” Easy enough, right?

You can go back and upgrade at any time, but unless you want a file-syncing
nightmare on your hands, you’ll wait for Yosemite’s official release. You don't
even have to take our word for it: Developers like Realmac Software and Bloom,
which makes Day One have taken to their blogs to warn users about potential
syncing problems and the lack of iCloud Drive support for pre-Yosemite versions
of OS X.

iCloud Drive is Apple’s version of Dropbox or Google Drive, a cloud-based
storage system that lets you share files across multiple devices and apps. You
can even sync documents with PCs running Windows 7. iCloud Drive is part of
Apple’s new suite of “Continuity” features connecting OS X to iOS—iCloud is the
backbone for the integration. Recently, Apple dropped prices for iCloud users
to encourage its use and now offers 5GB for free and 20GB for $1 a month ($4 a
month will get you 200GB). Apple recently started issuing refunds for
subscribers who were forking over $40 a year for 20GB.

the list's public Mail Archive:

As the Mac Access Dot Net administrators, we always strive to ensure that the
Mac-Access E-Mal list remains malware, spyware, Trojan, virus and worm-free.
However, this should in no way replace your own security strategy.  We assume
neither liability nor responsibility should something unpredictable happen.