I am not having this particular problem, but have you tried pushing the up/down
arrows together to accomplish a vo-space?
Sent from my iPad

On Sep 28, 2014, at 5:21 AM, "trevor" <trevor.sco...@btopenworld.com> wrote:

This is exactly what I have found on my iPad and my iPhone 5.
I thought apple were supposedly improving things on the accessibility front.
After updating to 8.2, as Martin said the caps lock is permently on, and, for
some reason known only to apple, quick nav is also on by default when you start
up the iPhone or iPad.
with quick nav on, you can navigate left and right through the apps but V O
space does nothing, nor, does enter.
It is absolutely useless and not worth bothering with.
Someone at apple has really messed up this time and I hope they put it right
quickly.

Trevor
-----Original Message----- From: Martin G. McCormick
Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2014 5:27 AM
To: OS X & iOS Accessibility
Subject: Re: Bluetooth keyboard on IOS 8 I Am Not Happy!

As one who works, at least for a few more months, in
networking and computing, I think we should upgrade our
operating system whenever possible to the current state of the
art for one's own security if nothing else. The hackers and
crackers out there have usually figured out how to break in to
older systems and the script monkeys happily spread the mischief
around. It used to be they did it for bragging rights or because
they were angry at someone else but now it's even more important
to stay current because organized crime is involved and some of
these exploits even have the backing of governments.
So, stupid me, I decided to go ahead and upgrade my iPad
to IOS8 today.

Big mistake!
This is a copy of the message I sent to
accessibil...@apple.com. I suspect it will have no effect
whatsoever, but I sent it after much thought and some cooling
down. Message follows:

Subject: IOS8 is Almost Totally Inaccessible.

the list's public Mail Archive:

As the Mac Access Dot Net administrators, we always strive to ensure that the
Mac-Access E-Mal list remains malware, spyware, Trojan, virus and worm-free.
However, this should in no way replace your own security strategy.  We assume
neither liability nor responsibility should something unpredictable happen.