Nick,

I just downloaded and spendt an hour or so going through the free version of
scrivener and its getting started tutorial.
Yep! it does look like a great app for serious, complex writing projects. And,
it looks to be highly accessible with VO - one of those really VO friendly apps
that are all too infrequent.
Unfortunately, I just don’t need that kind of power for my little writing
projects and can’t justify the cost. BTW: how well does it handle tables? I’ll
bet it’s great there too.
Pages does kind of fall short in a lot of areas - at least for me it does.
That’s why I keep windows w/office 2010 in good order. there are very few Mac
apps that I’ve come across that can compete with Word for word processing.