Paul, I have the same setup, super duper and time machine. I would certainly
think it possible to first roll back the OS by re-instating your november
backup, then restore your current data files from time machine.

I’ve personally never done it, and I don’t know if time machine has an
automatic feature for data files restore only, or if you’d have to manually
select and re-instate your desired data files, but it certainly sounds feasible

I find the time machine interface a bit clunky, but using the time machine
controls window, you should be able to get to the desired date and time, and
then just restore your data in large chunks - that is,  your main high-level
folders, one at a time.
.
There’s probably a better way, but since I’ve only had a time capsule for a few
months now and have never had to restore from it, I’m probably not the best
source for an answer here.