The only reliable, tried and true, methos for changing MS accessibility
strategies, is through GSA. And, good luck with that! This is not to discourage
trying, though. 20+ years ago, when there was no access to the MS OS, except
through the use of an Optacon, I was in the forefront of that battle. This is a
whole discussion that is off topic for this list, but, anyone can write to me
privately for more information. Suffice it to say, the threat of lost sales to
Apple has been the only motivation that seems to have made a difference with
the arrogant that MS is, and that businesses and government are dependent upon
using their products. Publicity in mainstream magazines could help some, maybe,
but the masses really don't care if we have access or not. We live in a world
where most people cannot be bothered with anything that does not directly
effect them.

I lost my career in Software Engineering over the Microsoft attitude, having to
compromise and choose going on company sponsored disability, to ensure that my
children continued to receive health care, and a certain standard of living. MS
is still vulnerable now, but, people are still dependent on their SW, thus the
reason for using Word, instead of Pages. If it were possible for Apple to make
it super easy for people to use Pages, instead of Word, such as a Word layout
in Pages, that might help. People do not want to learn new technologies; most
don't even know how to do things with a keyboard. Hopefully, things have
changed enough now, that MS will respond more positively, but it the threat has
to come from entities stronger than any blindness organization can exert.
Diane Bomar
Sent from my iPhone