I actually did this on the PC.  First, download all of the disk image parts
to the PC.  Then, using HFVExplorer, copy them to your Mac HD disk image
file.  Then you can get to them in Basilisk II.  Then once you get it to
boot, double-click on the first part of the disk image to have it load the
7.5.3 disk image.

I've tried 8.1 on a P3-800EB with 256MB RAM and 20GB disk space using a Q650
ROM and a 500MB image file.  It boots, but crashes.

Brian Futrell
---
Macs    "Mackey": iMac RevB 96/20GB/ZipCD/9.0.4
        "Slim": 6100/66 Newer G3/250 72/4x4.5GB/4x2x6/Zip100/8.1