MUGWump wrote:

So did the floppy contain many files or one segment that could of
been sent as an attachment?

Actually, they're all still in the shrinkwrap so I haven't looked. I just took one look at the package, read the label, went "AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!" and that was that.

Fair enough

Do you think M$, the owners of VPC had a chat to FWB's new owners to
point out how far behind RealPC had fallen and how the market really
doesn't support more than one player any longer. :)

Heck, the "one player" isn't even doing any supporting! What I've read (no, I don't remember where) is that it may be a year or more before there's a version of Virtual PC that will run on the G5. DUMB! M$ owns the main gateway to putting copies of its own OS on the Mac and they're not using it. I repeat--DUMB!

I dont understand that, have you looked at why M$ has dropped IE? I'd suggest it in part explains why it will take so long. Ask apple to be a bit more open and there would be a lot more stuff for BetaX.

I also read, however, that the open source Bochs PC emulator will run on a G5. Now, not having a hope in the world of owning a G5 anywhere in the near future (unless I acquire one through some generous benevolent benefactor--any volunteers? <GGG>), I can probably get away with saying this: if I were a regular user of Virtual PC for the Mac and found its new owners (M$) stiffing me on an upgrade for my new G5 just to be ornery and I had to figure out how to use an entirely different piece of software (Bochs) to run the Windows programs I wanted/needed to run on my Mac, you think I'd reward M$ for stiffing me by BUYING a copy of their OS and the latest versions of their applications? I DON'T THINK SO! Alt.Binaries.Warez*, here I come! I suspect that I am expressing the sentiments of a lot of new G5 owners (who, owning a G5, know better than to say it themselves).
I repeat once again (Bill Gates, got your ears on, good buddy?)--DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now shouldnt all osX software from a G4 run on a G5 so whats the problem?
You want MS to rush out a brand new G5 optimized version of VPC in the same month that the box hits the streets? They dont do that for every pc upgrade so why the frag would they rush to do it for a third rate os?

If you prefer to steal your apps then thats up to you.

'Nuff said about that. I just hope someone writes me (and Craig) off-list to let us know that someone can fix him up with the appropriate 1.0.1 disks.

In the process, version 1 doesn't work, version 2 is taking some time. It would be simplier to just use Mike's method and save the need.