I'm guessing that if it's the server version of NT, it could. It has Appletalk as a protocol. Windows 2000 Professional has it also, but I haven't messed around with it too much. I think that while it will allow Macs to connect to it, it won't let PCs connect to the Macs.

As for netatalk, it looks like it is supported for the following systems (from http://netatalk.sourceforge.net/faq.php):
FreeBSD
Irix/SGI
Linux
NetBSD
Solaris
Ultrix

However, source code is available for it to try to port it to Digital/True-Unix or OpenVMS. Also, it looks like parts of the FAQ are old.

I've tried to get netatalk to work, but so far no luck.

Brian