--- Jose Cheung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have an Albook running OS X 10.2.3. I just got an
> old Pentium II with no OS. I have a DOS boot disk
> and
> some utilities on floppies, and a Gentoo distro that
> runs off the CD. But I'm wondering if there's a way
> download drivers, or other files, for Dos/Win/PC
> linuxes with my Mac, and transfer them (eg, on a CD)
> to the PC in a form that a PC-compatible OS can
> recognize.

Yes, you need to burn the CD-R/RW in either ISO9660
or Joliet format. (Joliet is a layer on top of ISO
to support long filenames.)

I dunno if OSX has built in support for Joliet CDs.

For other media, the Mac can read and write to PC
formatted media. I dunno if OSX automatically creates
desktop and other folders on PC media like 9.2.2
and older did.

(I don't have the pieces to get my 7300/200 into the
shape needed to hack/install OSX onto it yet. ;-)

=====
It WAS total Fandemonium!
http://www.fandemonium.org
Didn't go? Fandemonium 2005