Here's a minor problem I've been having for some time.   When I try to sign
on to aol, I get a window that says "Unable to communicate with modem," with
various instructions about checking connections, etc.   I'm on a fairly new
iMac
G4 (flat panel display).   Since the modem is internal -- hard wired, I
assume -- what can this be about?   It happens randomly but very, very often;
occasionally it doesn't happen, but more often than not.   When it does, the
window
has a button that says "Continue," and when I "continue," the window just
keeps popping up, for a random number of times.   Normally, if I keep clicking
on
it, I'll get on-line.   But at least once or twice, I didn't get on-line, and
the whole thing timed out and sent me back to the aol sign-on window.   I
finally had to restart the computer to make it work.   Looks to me like it's a
Mac problem, but maybe it's aol, and I need to dump aol and go elsewhere (which
I keep threatening to do).   Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Nolan