Since I'm here... :-)

I'm having some weird stuff happen with Explorer 5.2 on OS 10.2.3 which
also happened with 10.2.2.  Perhaps someone can explain?

1) The toolbar favorites sometimes work and sometimes don't.  As often
as not, clicking on either the name or the "bullseye" will pull up a
menu offering to open the page in a new window, among other things.
Sometimes holding the mouse down will make the page in question appear,
sometimes not.  Choosing to allow a new window always works, but is
annoying because:

2) If more than 4 or 6 or 8 or whatever windows are open (including
pop-ups and pop-unders, which I don't necessarily know are even there),
Explorer will sometimes (not always) flat-out quit, losing all the
windows.  I've tried to keep track of the maximum number of windows,
but this is challenging because of unseen pop-unders.

3) If the iMac has been asleep overnight, and the first thing I try to
do upon waking it is go to a website requiring a log-in, the first
character I type disappears (e.g., "alylex" becomes "lylex").  Doesn't
seem to matter how firmly I type the letter, I have to type it twice
(type "aalylex" to get "alylex").

4) Yesterday someone sent me a message at my hotmail address which
included a 32k .rtf file and two 2k .txt files.  I couldn't open the
.txt files, and downloading the .rtf file made Explorer crash.  The
sender resent all three by pasting the text into the email, and I could
read all three.

I'm beginning to get comfortable enough with OS X to consider switching
browsers, unless there is an obvious fix for these idiosyncrasies.

Alex

Alex Whitman
alylex at earthlink.net
Louisville, KY