Thanks, Ward, for suggesting I start a new subject thread, sorry for the
confusion.

Currently I have several different address books from old applications such
as five separate Act! 4.0 (for PC) databases (that I access through Virtual
PC), two Palm address books, three excel spreadsheets and an old Outlook ?98
address book. Collectively these total about 3800 names and each of these
has some redundancy both within a given database and between the databases.

Ultimately I want to move most of these names into Entourage and use it as
my primary PIM and to synchronize with my Palm IIIx. Before importing into
Entourage, I was trying to separately clean-up each database, standardize
the format (some databases use the format title, first name, last name all
in one line and others separate each of these labels), add categories (such
as friends, business, family, etc.).

I know I can manage the data in Entourage but my existing, active address
book is Entourage and I don?t want to co-mingle the ?old? data with the
existing 837 names before correcting the ?old? data. Therefore:
1. Will Entourage allow me to create two data bases, one to use day-to-day
and one to clean-up before merging? If so, then how can I create another
Entourage data  base? I could not find it in the help menu.
2. If the answer to #1 is no, does anyone know of a simple, inexpensive PIM
that will do what I want?
3. Is there another solution altogether? I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks,
Frank