Lee,
Thankyou for your reply. The setup info for my situation is: Insight
cable modem to Airport Extreme base station. It is located as close
to the middle of my house to be as equally spaced between my two
macs, one is a cube, which uses the older airport card, running OS
10.3.9, and the other is a gooseneck iMac, that has the newer airport
card, that is running 10.4.4. I have the latest software and firmware
for the ABS. My main question is, why is the speed of my connection
so inconsistent? At night when you would expect the traffic load to
be high, it is almost like going back to dialup performance ( anywere
from 250 to 500 Kb ) In the morning it is much better, ( from 1.5Mb
to 2.5Mb ). I am using 3 different sites to get these numbers, Cnet,
Bandwidthplace, and Toast.Net.
These numbers are the same for both macs, and I am trying to figure
this out, because if I was having a equipment problem, I would think
that the speed would be the same at all times. Maybe I need a tech
from Insight to come out and test the signal at my house, but again,
wouldn't it be equally bad from morning to night?
Thanks again for your help, Any other opinions would be appreciated.
Mike