On Jan 30, 2006, at 9:01 PM, Nelsn Helm wrote:

> The computer was running smoothly. I saved everything, then instald
> Tiger, first as an upgrade, then as a clean "erase" install.
>
> The key chain no longer contains my old entries. How can I "import"
> my old keychain?

Open the Keychain app (in the utilities folder). Once it is running,
under the File menu you will see an "Import..." option choose this
and then you should be allowed to navigate to the place where your
copy of the old keychain is. Import it. Once it is imported, select
items in this extra keychain and drag them into your new main
keychain (so that you do not have to keep supplying the old password
to use them each time).

> My Safari "favorites" have been eliminated. How can I import my old
> favorites? and auto-fills?

Also, your new Safari should have an "Import..." option under its
File menu.

AutoFill may be a bit trickier, I do not recall if it was a keychain
item or not (it has been too long since I did that one I know those
are also moveable, just have forgotten where they were located).

                        Jerry

> | The next meeting of the Louisville Computer Society will
> | be January 24  at Pitt Academy, 6010 Preston Highway.
> | The LCS Web page is <http://www.kymac.org>.
> | List posting address: <mailto:macgroup at erdos.math.louisville.edu>
> | List Web page: <http://erdos.math.louisville.edu/macgroup>

Someday, I will come up with a clever signature line. I am not sure
if I will use it or not, but I will come up with one. In the mean
time this next one will have to do:

'W' Is for wiretap.