I spent a couple hours with mac support this afternoon, and still have
the problem.  Since I can't contact them again until tomorrow, thought
I'd ask the group for help.

Normally in iMovie, I drag photos to the time line.  A click on the
photo in the time line also displays the photo in the large window as
well as in the little window at the upper right, where I can use Ken
Burns or zoom in on the photo, then update.

This worked fine until this week.  Now, when I zoom in on a picture in
the upper right window, and click update the photo in the time line
stays as the original, the photo in the large window updates, and the
photo in the small window at the upper right goes back to original,
non-zoomed size, PLUS it moves away from the center of the window, so
that all the photo can't be seen without dragging it back to the
middle.  It has varied from about 3/4 of the photo showing to less than
10% showing.

I created a new user and created a new iMovie project and still had the
same problem.  Tech had me go to disk utility and repair disk, and a
couple errors were found.  I wish I had written them down - they showed
up in red.  Then the tech had me do an archive and install, which I did,
and I still have the same problem with iMovie, and an additional problem
of not being able to go to the internet via safari, which means I can't
go to any of the mac help sites.

Thought I might be low in space, but HD has 33.12 GB free.  Does anyone
have any ideas?

Thanks.

Very Frustrated Luann
G5 imac 1.8 GHz