Jerry,

When I got my new HD put in , I was missing Twain (to import items into
Photoshop). I've been dealing with Epson about that... they're supposed
to be be cutting me a CD and sending it to me with a copy of Twain. It
should be easier than that, I know... but when I try to download it to
my scanner from Epson's site, nothing happens, We've "walked through
it" many times to try to install Twain, on Safari and on Explorer: I
even got a new modum from Bellsouth for my internet. No help.
(Bellsouth didn't charge anything but postage for it.) I should have
the disk any day now , and will call them. per their instructions, to
have them walk me through that installation. (They said it wouldn't be
a regular disk , and it wouldn't show me how to do it own my own.)

  I wasn't doing too well this summer, so most of the Epson Twain delay
has been because I didn't feel up to dealing with it. I had both knees
injured and in bad shape, just from over-doing.
I guess I learned my lesson about that... it's just so hard not to try
to do things for myself, even when I do know I should get help. That
has meant a lot of pain, physical therapy, and exercising the knees at
home. I kinda lost my whole summer. I am better now.

I was also missing my Aquarium screen saver after the new HD was
installed, and ended up ordering a replacement (updated) of that
through Amazon. That works fine now.

My Adobe Reader was hanging up halfway through the opening process,
with the blue "progress" rod stopping halfway, and the screen
freezing... sometimes. Other times, it worked fine. I did update Adobe
Reader... so far, so good.

Nothing else seems to be a problem or missing, at least for now. I hope
there's nothing wrong with my new HD.

This Address Book thing has me stumped, however. Some routes I take to
get to an address folder to double-click on an address folder, It will
open (in column view) an empty column, showing no items in folder. I
had a friend staying here for a few days, in the studio, from out of
town. Could he have accidently done something to have lost my
addresses? I think he's computer-savvy enough to not do that.... though
he doesn't usually use a Mac. (He's from the OTHER SIDE.)

I sure do need a lot of those addresses. Some were new since I ran off
a paper copy last. I suppose I can rebuild , one-by-one, my address
book. My computer still knows many of them. If I am sending an E-mail,
and can start the address, the automatic feature finishes it, still.
That tells me they're in there somewhere, somehow. Am I wrong?

Maybe I need to have you come over and check it out. I couldn't find
Repair Permissions... don't remember the route, perhaps. Don't know
that it would help, anyway. I have had a nasty cold this week and don't
want to give it to anyone... so it would be a few days before I'd feel
I should ask you to come, if you think it would help. What say?

Mike