So you are on to the despair site, too?  It is a clever relief. But
Daemon and Demon come from the same root. D?monische Kr?fte - positiv?
Negative?  At the very least: powerful! Take your pick. --Just as the
despair people say: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in
large groups  ---- or none of us is as dumb as all of us!
On Thursday, Nov 6, 2003, at 16:53 US/Eastern, Bill Rising wrote:

> On 11/6/03 13:08, Brian O'Neal wrote
>
>> does daemon, sound like
>> thats my friend "daymon"
>> or
>> "demon"s be gone in the name of Jesus!
>
> uh oh. If it is pronounced like the latter, I could see the Justice
> Dept.
> insisting that unix be banned in the name of family values.
>
> (See http://www.despair.com/nepotism.html )
>
> Bill
>

> | The next meeting of the Louisville Computer Society will
> | be November 25. The LCS Web page is <http://www.kymac.org>.
> | This list's page is <http://erdos.math.louisville.edu/macgroup>.

Marta
                 Heinzelm?nnchenk?nigin a.D.