The MAC address that is being looked at is for the modem. You need to
set the ABS up to get its address (IP number) from the modem. It can
then act as a pass through device or as a NAT server for your iBook.
Think of the set-up configuration as having two sides, one to talk to
your DSL modem and the other to talk to your iBook. First make sure
that the thing is wide open to the public by resetting it (plug in the
paper clip into the little reset button). Then run through the software
set-up again with no security features turned on until you get it
working, then turn them on. Tell the ABS to get its IP from the modem
and assign IP numbers via NAT. This is a basic set-up that should work
with Bell South's DSL. Then, you can add WEP, etc.

                        Jerry