On 8/26/03 23:37, Anne Cartwright wrote

>How do I get my e-mail messages  removed from my ISP after I have
>gotten them? I know there is somewhere you are suposed to check (or in
>this case maybe uncheck) something about keeping messages on service
>but I can't find it. I am using OS X 10.2.6.

Do you want to move them to your computer, so you can keep them?

If so, you should be able to go to Mailbox -> New Mailbox... and create a
mailbox On My Mac, and then move the mail from your server to the new
mailbox.

If you simply want to delete them, go to Mail -> Preferences, click
Accounts in the toolbar, select your account, and then click the Edit
button. Click the Special Mailboxes tab, check both the "Move deleted
messages to the Trash Mailbox", and "Store deleted messages on the server
checkboxes", and then change the "Permenantly erase deleted messages
when" to something reasonable, like one week (so that you have a chance
to recover a mistakenly deleted message).

Bill